We're in this for the long haul

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Yearning for Bread




I recently became a member of a community on Google + called the Art of Bread. I am excited to read reviews of bread recipes and see the beautiful pictures. Many people think bread is hard to make and takes extensive blocks of time. Let me assure you this is an error.
Don't be intimidated by the time factor. Sometimes it takes a while for the dough to rise, but you don't have to stand and watch it. It does  very well by itself in a quiet corner. Even for a loaf that needs to rise twice, you can play a game of tennis, scrub the back porch, or help your child with the intricacies of calculus while the bread does its thing.

If it should rise too much, that is if it falls, no harm done. Just sprinkle a little four on your hands and form it into a ball again. You can let it rise again or shape it for baking. Bread is far more tolerant of neglect or mistakes than cake batters or quick breads. If you are using a starter, you must feed it periodically and maintain the correct temperature.

Bread is my favorite thing to make. You can find my basic recipes here. I make several recipes and all are good and fill me with positive energy. I love to knead the bread. It is therapeutic. Vent hostility and anger in a productive way. And enjoy the bread!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Homemade-Bread-An-Adventure-for-the-Soul
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kind of food do you eat most often?