We're in this for the long haul

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Springtime Means It's Time to Plant

Is there some innate drive in human beings to plant crops, to grow  food?  I no longer live where I have the room or the need to plant a garden, but still there is this drive to grow something to eat.  


Tomato plants or strawberries wouldn't be too difficult.  I just need a corner in a flower bed or a pot on the porch and I can have something to eat that I grew myself.  But I must be cautious because too many plants might require a hoe or fertilizer or Seven dust for bugs.  And I certainly don't want to have to can or freeze anything.  


Tomatoes for a salad would be nice, but I can't think about peas or corn or watermelons--I don't have enough room for things like that.  Maybe spring flowers would satisfy my planting desires.  No it's a sustenance thing:  the need to provide food.  Maybe I can just stop at a produce stand and buy the veggies if I have just a plant or two to remind me of garden experience.  I think I can handle it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kind of food do you eat most often?